Though celebrity sometimes seems like immortality, being a celeb doesn’t prevent people from getting hit with some pretty silly lawsuits. First world problems, right?
Here are 5 of the craziest things celebrities have been sued over:
1. Like Mike: The Michael Jordan Doppelgänger- Allen Ray Heckard sued MJ and Nike founder Phil Knight in 2006 for $800 million, claiming that he was sick of his life being ruined by looking “like Mike.” Heckard realized he would lose more money in court fees than he could gain. SHOCKER.
2. Not so lucky 13: Taylor Swift lucky number 13- Everybody knows Tay Tay’s favorite number is 13. Well, apparently Robert Kloetzly claimed she ripped off his rock and roll fashion line.
3. (The other) Chris Martin: Another guy named- This random Christ Martin (not to be confused with Colplay’s lead singer) tried to sue Donald Sterling and Gwyneth Paltrow, fabricating some fantasy of them having an affair and it ruining his life.
4. Screaming Beliebers- Justin Bieber’s screaming fans: Okay…now it’s getting out of hand. One woman tried to sue Justin and his posy because she had ear damage from screaming fans at one of his concerts.
5. Getting Fishy- Katy Perry stagehand: A stagehand hurt her foot during Perry’s tour and no one called an ambulance. It resulted in an amputated toe. Ouch!